Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Brokenness Before the Lord



As my walk with the Lord deepens and my spiritual maturity grows and expands I have come to learn about brokenness. What this means is that you are in a state of being completely subdued and humbled before the Lord.


Most believers ask God to do or give them things most of the time but spend very little time just being with Him and listening to what He desires and what grieves Him.

Brokenness is so very crucial to really get to know the heart of God. In order to get to a place of knowing the heart of God you must be broken before Him.


If you want to receive the anointing of God's Spirit and you really desire to come into the presence of God then you must learn about brokenness and experience it first hand. Brokenness is a state of complete repentance, obedience, humility and longing for Gods presence.

Repentance and confession of our sins is a critical part of brokenness because the existence of sin and the presence of God are not compatible. Our God is a holy God.


This 'sin problem' is the reason God came to earth as a man to offer Himself as the ultimate blood sacrifice for sin. Jesus Christ was Immanuel. "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." (Matthew 1:23 NKJV) He defeated sin and death!
When you truly desire to understand the deep significance of this act by our Creator then you can begin to understand how much He loves us and how He longs to spend time with us. A friend of mine told me recently that God spoke to him these words; "You can never understand the depth of what happened on the cross."



The path to brokenness can come in various forms and in different levels. Although it happens this way for many believers, you do not actually have to experience something that initiates it. I know of those who have suffered loss of loved ones and disease and many other trials. The true test of these trials in our life is whether they bring us closer to God or cause us to become angry and bitter toward God and therefore we move further away from Him.

Many believers give up at this point, not understanding that these things are gifts to make us grow and help us desire to be closer to God. "but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;" (Romans 5:3 NKJV)

Most of my personal trials recently have to do with rejection. This has occurred because I have openly proclaimed to my family and everyone in my life of my acceptance and dedication to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. My desire is for everyone to know what I know and to have what I have. 

I am sure many of you can relate to this situation after your own conversion. There are those in your life who claim to already know Jesus and possess salvation despite a lack of repentance, spiritual fruit and complete ignorance of the scriptures. It is a grievous situation.

I am a work in progress and spend much time up on the Lords' potters wheel being molded and shaped into what he desires. This is the covenant I made with Him to do His will and to be obedient to His plan for me.

Please watch this video of a man name Paul Washer that I have great respect for as he tells the truth about his own walk with God.



Links:
Brokenness Is So Crucial
That Which is Spiritual Cannot be Duplicated


In Christ, Sara

2 comments:

  1. Those who abide in Christ will suffer persecution and rejection--especially from family, friends and church people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I still can't get used to the rejection, it still hurts. Imagine how Jesus feels, His own people rejected Him.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. If you would not speak these words you are about to post to the Lord Jesus Christ, then maybe you should not post them. Otherwise I appreciate your comments and fellowship on this blog. Thanks! Sarah